Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Slightly more news...

We got a call that our application has been received, and they are starting the process of requesting letters from our references. We're supposed to get a call in about three weeks to arrange our orientation.

I think we have an orientation and then an interview. Or maybe an orientation and then an interview and then classes? I'm kind of regretting that I didn't specifically set out to memorize the order of steps in the process (since I knew they were all written down for us somewhere). I trusted my memory, forgetting that the emotional impact of this would take "mental space" precedence over the details of the process.

I had to work from home yesterday, so I was there to get the call. That was nice. It's hard to be patient sometimes.

5 comments:

  1. I'm trying to post again. Are you hoping for a newborn or an older toddler? Do you have a strong gender preference or just want a healthy baby? I have so many questions! This is such an exciting time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm so excited for you! Let us know if you need anything, even if it is just a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck! My co-worker is working on adopting their second child, and is at the waiting for a call to fly to Korea to pick up his new son. Definitely a journey, and I am so glad you are able to keep us all up to date!!!!
    Sinwi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tears in my eyes just reading the beginning stages of your journey, I am so excited and happy for you! I can't wait for Maggie to have a cousin!! She will teach them so much... good and bad. Our prayers are with you everyday, we love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude(s). It's hard for ME to be patient! I can't imagine how hard it must be for YOU.

    You are going to make awesome parents. :)

    -Heather-

    ReplyDelete