Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A few more steps...

Yesterday, we went from government building to government building to start going through all the necessary steps for the adoption application process -- background checks, fingerprinting, even getting a copy of our marriage license.

It took almost all day, and it was COLD outside. The wind was enough to cause instant headaches and earaches.

We had to visit four buildings in three counties to take care of all of it -- not to mention a stop at the bank for a few financial arrangements and a stop at Steak 'n Shake for lunch, where I would bet twenty bucks that we sat not all that far from Sandi Patty.

Boy... this is a little tricky, for my first post. We've been encouraged to provide only limited personal information (NO LAST NAMES!), and I'm not used to that level of anonymity... I find myself unsure what I can post that will keep us relatively anonymous.

I'm sure as we continue these steps, I'll get more comfortable with writing about all of this.

Really, for me, the big thing about yesterday was that it started to make everything feel so much more concrete. There's a long way to go -- this was the first few steps of a marathon -- but they were important, necessary steps towards adoption.

I can't even begin to tell you all how excited even THESE steps are making me. To be able to provide a loving home for a child who needs us... I can't imagine doing anything more important.

1 comment:

  1. This is bringing back all my memories of adopting Liz and Chris. The butterflies in your stomach will be there for a long time!There is nothing more important for you to do at this point in your lives. You will see God's hand at work in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete